Starts Monday June 5, 2023. League runs 12 weeks to mid-September.
Shooting starts at 6:30pm (shooting times will be earlier later in the summer.) Please arrive at least 15 minutes before shooting start time.
Shooting fees are $5 per week, or $45 for entire league. Youth shoot for half price. Any member can shoot.
What you will need:
- Bow in good working order
- Arrows, minimum of three (six recommended)
- Broadheads fixed blade (you may use the fixed practice blades for your mechanical broadheads)
- Quiver for your arrows and broadheads
- A small brush (old toothbrush) and a towel used to clean arrow and broadheads
- Masking tape to cover broadhead cuts in target
- Markers for applying to broadhead to differentiate hits on target; three colors recommended and a pencil for keeping score
- Recommended items list: insect repellent, small assortment of tools (Allen wrenches, pliers, screwdriver, broadhead wrench and supplies for minor in field repairs)
- Fanny pack or pouch on quiver to carry your stuff in.
What we shoot:
- 28 deer and bear corrugated cardboard silhouette targets
- Targets suspended on wires with a sand mound or ground used as a backstop
- Shoot from ground, elevated platforms, hills, and across water
- Shooting distances are less than 35 yards
- Shooting positions are varied and distances must be judged by shooter
- Handicapped scoring
You do not have to have a team in advance, there are openings. Food and refreshments are available after shooting. Any member can shoot, we will find you a spot.
Shooting starts at 6:30 pm
Longbows or Recurve bows, with no sights or stabilizers allowed. We shoot regular animal round from 7, 10, 15, 20, 25, & 30 yards. After the break, we bring in 8 3D targets and shoot 1 arrow at each target from 15, 20, & 25 yards; minimum of 52 arrows.
Shooting starts at 6:30 pm.
We shoot 4 arrows per target. Target distances are 30, 25 and 20 yards at the large flint target and 15, 10 and 7 yards shoot the small flint target, then a walk up with one arrow at 35, 30, 25, and 20 yards at the large flint target. These seven ends are a flint round; we shoot two rounds, take a 12-minute break, and shoot the final round for a total of 84 arrows for the match. Shooting usually ends around 8:30pm.
Shooting starts at 6:30pm
We shoot target distances 7, 10 and 15 yards at the Rabbit & Duck; distances 20, 25 and 30 yards at the Boar, Coyote, Bobcat and Turkey. The shoot is open to Long bows, Recurve bows and Compound bow shooters. We shoot a total of 28 arrows, however if you miss target on your first arrow you get a second arrow at half the score. Club opens 5:15-5:30pm, 15-minute halftime break around 7:10pm, and the shoot is done around 8:30pm.
Shooting starts at 6:30pm
January we shoot the FITA 5-spot Target, February NFAA Target, and March MAA Target. 4 weeks of each target from the 20-yard line. FITA, NFAA & MAA we shoot 5 arrows then score, for a total of 60 arrows a night. Shooting usually ends at around 9:30pm.
Shooting 1pm to 3:30pm
Schedule: January 21st
February 4, 18, 25
March 4, 11, 18, 25
April 1, 8, 15
FUN SHOOT APRIL 22ND
Awards May 7th
For youth ages 5-17 years; $5 for the whole season. We ask parents/guardians to stay and help encourage the kids shooting. No broadheads or crossbows, otherwise everyone is encouraged to bring their own equipment. Muskegon Bowmen has bows and arrows for kids to use if they do not have their own. We have several people willing to help your child with shooting if asked.
For more info, contact Shannon Kolka